Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Elsie & Cookie, blocks, binding, embroidery

Tuesday morning (12/20) Michael headed out to breakfast with some of his buds, while Janice and I had our SKYPE session…well…I know you won’t be surprised to hear that we TRIED to have a SKYPE session….but ended up talking on the phone instead :~(.  After we were done talking (over an hour!), I discovered that my tablet was not able to access the internet, so I spent 1-1/2 hours with tech support before they could get that working.  I’m hoping that is why SKYPE didn’t work…because my ears cannot handle having a receiver pressed up to them for that long!  Really, I felt like I had cauliflower ear until late in the afternoon.  Michael was downstairs for part of that time, so of course we had company again:  





I love that little proprietary paw on Cookie’s back :~).


Anyway, by the time I got off the phone with tech support, I just had time to have a bit of food to stand in for both breakfast and lunch before heading off to Comporium (our cable provider) to find out what was going on with our bill.  Everything was resolved quickly and Michael dropped me off at the Lake House for Stitch & Chat while he continued on to get his hair cut.  I had fun at S&C, a lady needed help with an entrelac hat and that made me realize how much I miss entrelac and would like to knit a pattern that way again.  Joanne dropped me off at home and Michael was home from walking the dog shortly afterwards.  We both wanted to relax and read books in front of the fire, but I didn’t have anything to read, so I made a quick trip to the library before we got to settle in…it was heaven!  Michael made a grilled ham & cheese sandwich for dinner (which we split) before leaving to see ALLIED (he said it started slowly and was tense in the middle and again at the end.  He didn't think it was a great movie, but it was good).  I finally headed to the studio and sewed all night…it was wonderful.  I got a snowball corner sewn on all of my cut strata:
















and got binding made for my latest quilt:  



I also got all of the threads trimmed from my latest embroidery.  My Christmas quilt book has a rocking horse in 3 places: 


and I wasn’t sure I wanted that, so I’m replacing at least one of them with this adorable Christmas themed kitten:  



Michael got home around 9:30 and we read again, in front of the fire until 11 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.