Friday, December 30, 2016

Veteran's Quilts delivered

Michael had golfing on Thursday (12/29) while I headed off to quilting.  I’m really glad the way the dates fell in 2016.  It seemed like in 2015, Thursday’s were a bad day for Christmas and New Year’s and we didn’t have quilting for about 4 weeks!!!  Everyone was depressed  :~).  But this year, we had 22 people on Dec 22nd and 18 people today…and there was a LOT of laughing going on.  I stopped at the library and the bank on the way home, and finally settled in around 3 PM, where I had a wonderful surprise in my emails.  Three of my latest veteran’s quilts had been given out, and I got a long email and pictures from the VFW commander.  The guys were SO EXCITED to receive the quilts….one guy said he would cherish it for the rest of his life: 

Vietnam era Marine - Ray

another Vietnam era Army vet - John

Korean Infantry vet - Robert

I can’t wait to get started on a new one :~).  

Paula asked us to dinner, so I put together roll dough to take to her house.  We had a huge rain storm Wednesday night and I think that is why my left knee was acting up all of Thursday.  It was VERY painful (and my standby ALEVE's did NOTHING to make it feel any better), and after putting together the dough, I read my book in the living room, with my leg propped up on a stool.  Michael came home from golfing and said the round was miserable.  It was so windy and cold…his shoulders hurt from being hunched all of the time and his eyes looked totally bloodshot.  He took a quick shower and we headed off to Paula’s.  She made stroganoff type meatballs with wide egg noodles which were totally yummy!  She also had peas/carrots and broccoli rabe.  After dinner we played the new BRAINGAMES that Michael bought me for Christmas.  We had fun playing the game, but to me it seemed like the best thing about the evening was that we got to talk a lot.  It just seemed warm and comfortable and familiar and that made it extra special.  Michael was beat by the time we got home, so he headed to bed and I stayed up for just a bit to finish another library book :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.