Saturday, December 17, 2016

Christmas quilt block, more snuggling, Christmas Tea!

I got the house all set up for the tea Friday morning (12/16), then ran downstairs to get my blog out.  I also got my embroidery all cleaned up.  According to the block in my Christmas book, I was supposed to do an appliqué Santa with 1-1/2 reindeer:  



Instead I think I found the perfect embroidery, and that block is now complete:  



Okay, 1 down, 24 additional blocks to go before this quilt is finished :~).  When I came back up…yep…more snuggling:  





I LOVE it when I see them together like this :~).  All of the ladies showed up at NOON and I think we all had a lovely time at the Christmas Tea:  

Diane, Rita, Floy

June, Eileen

Robin, Mary B

Barb

on sofa: Susie, Mary Ann, Diane

Mary C & Susie


Pat & Sharon

Sally










































































































And the food was (as always) terrific:










After everyone left, June and I scraped the plates, loaded the dishwasher and fired it up.  We got everything cleaned up and restocked by the time the 20 people showed up at 5 PM for dinner.  There were 39 of us going to Michael’s play and of course I hosted a pot luck dinner before the play.  It wasn’t until Michael and I got home later that night that I realized I never took one picture of the dinner crowd :~(….oh well, there were only 2 overlaps between the tea and dinner crowd…June & Jan!  Anyway, we all ate and then loaded up and headed to Rock Hill.  The play was wonderful and my honey was superb (if I do say so myself!)  We were home after 10 Pm and collapsed on the sofa for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.