Tuesday, June 2, 2015

start of tablecloth


Michael left for golf around 8 AM on Monday (6/1) and I headed to the studio shortly afterwards. For a long time I’ve wanted to find a beautiful piece of fabric and quilt it for a tablecloth for our new table.  Well, I have several pieces of fruit fabric and I wanted to try tweaking the new 1/2 square triangle instructions, so I decided to combine the 2 ideas and work on a tablecloth.  I worked on 1/2 square triangles all day and most of the evening (Michael had a board meeting until 9 PM), using stash fabric of blueberries and mixed berries as the start of my tablecloth:
 
 
Michael came home from golfing with an 89, which he was basically happy with.  He said it was a very long course and he made a number of pars.  Other than that it was sewing, sewing, sewing all day…a boring write up for the blog…but a perfect day for me!

1 comment:

  1. Nice ! how big is it going to be ? I'll be interested in the 'tweaking'... (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.