Monday, June 29, 2015

lion embroideries, leftovers for dinner, Carolyn & rolls



I took a bike ride early Sunday morning (6/28), while Michael took Cookie for a walk.  Then it was breakfast out on the deck (it was beautiful…in the low 70’s) and the sky was such a gorgeous shade of blue.  I finally headed inside and downstairs to work on my sewing for the day.  I got the tablecloth all sewn together and pressed.  I think I’ve changed my mind about the backing.  I was just going to put something plain on it…but I have this beautiful, fall fabric.  If I can find a binding that would look good with that, and with the front…that’s what I’ll use…then it will be reversible  :~).  I also got a few more embroideries done:  
I ADORE these!


 Then I started working on trimming and binding Sylvia’s quilt.  We had leftovers for dinner (with the rest of the dough made into fresh crescents).   

 I LOVE leftovers (and lucky for me, so does Michael)….I got to play all day in my studio, and we still had a nice dinner.   


 After that, we settled in with popcorn to watch THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, another fun romp with Indiana Jones.
************
 Isn’t this a GREAT picture???  This is one of my Friday students (Carolyn) with her rolls…they look FABULOUS….wish I could have been there to taste them  :~)



1 comment:

  1. Leo's locks are lovely !!! ;) When you mentioned putting the fall fabric as the backing for your tablecloth, I'm thinking, 'oh no'.... but when you said it will be reversible, I switched to, 'oh yes' !!! Genius ! As Chuck would say.... ;) (mj_in_ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.