Thursday, June 4, 2015

2 new cards from Michael



I forgot to mention that I have been binge-watching another British show called DOC MARTIN….it’s strangely addicting!  Anyway, Michael took Cookie for a walk early on Tuesday (6/2), then we headed out to do errands at the library, CVS and grocery store.  We were home by 11 and I continued to work on my 1/2 square triangles until Joanne picked me up at 1 PM for Stitch and Chat.  I took both of the recently finished quilts for show and tell and everyone seemed to like them.  We left a bit early to try to get home before the torrential rains hit again.  Yesterday it was absolutely raining SIDEWAYS at one point, and today was not much better.  I planted basil seeds on Sunday….I’m pretty sure they got drowned  :~(.  I worked on more 1/2 square triangles for the table cloth after I got home…but I’m going to be a bit stalled on that.  I don’t have enough material to make it big enough, so together Michael and I looked on the internet and ordered some green grape fabric…you’ll see those triangles when it comes in.  We had Hoisin Wraps for dinner (something I invented last summer), then Michael left for the movies and Sally, Donna & Joanne all came to play for the evening.

********************

Michael was up early on Wednesday to try to get in 9 holes of golf before the rains came again (he didn’t quite make it).  I took Susan to her eye doctor appointment and was home after 10 to a very lazy day.  I spent most of it reading, and some of it sleeping and all of it dealing with a wonky stomach.  I just had a small dish of strawberries for dinner, and then put together the Hawaiian Roll dough for quilting on Thursday before SKYPING with Janice.  We didn’t talk for the full hour because I just wasn’t feeling well at all.  Janice recommended flat ginger ale, and we didn’t have any in the house, but I do have candied ginger.  I slowly ate 2 pieces of that and it seemed to help a bit.  When we went to bed I tossed and turned for most of the night :~(.

When Michael and I were on our trip in California, we stopped in a gallery one night while walking home from dinner.  They had a fabulous sculpture of a book, lying open, and 3-D notes rising up from the book in a variety of colors….I just loved it.  So, I asked Michael to make me a note card like the sculpture, and here’s the result:   

 Then I asked him to do a second one with a saxophone (in honor of Marc who plays one) and he came up with this:



Don't you love them?

2 comments:

  1. Your basil is POPPING UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards ! Great job M... What song is it ? ;) (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.