Tuesday, June 23, 2015

SNS (shaken not stirred) Martini Club

Michael left at 7 AM (!!!) for golf on Monday (6/22).  I desperately needed to go grocery shopping, but didn’t have a car, and Gail graciously agreed to take me.  We stopped for breakfast at Crusin’ Ruebens and it was lovely, then it was off to WALMART, the liquor store and then home around 11 AM.  I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen.  First I mixed up COUGAR-tinis and SNICKER-tinis, then made Mississippi Mud Brownies, 
new recipe that uses cocoa powder instead of unsweet squares of chocolate

 Red Neck Egg Rolls (a recipe I totally ripped off from Paula)
BBQ pork in a wonton wrapper

cabbage mix for crunch

then pepper jack cheese, and wet wrap to fold

folding.....

voila  




































































serve with BBQ sauce


Pesto Parmesan Rounds 






 and quinoa bites.



 Michael came home during this (with an 85…he was happy!!!) and jumped right in to run to the store, then vacuum and do dishes (I told you last week…there’s no way I could get everything done without him pitching in :~)  I was finished by 5 PM and headed downstairs to put my legs up for a bit…unfortunately I fell asleep and woke up at 6:20, when the oven was supposed to be on.  It didn’t matter, then SNS (Shaken not Stirred) Martini Club arrived at 7 PM and boy, did we have a good time  :~). 
Sue & Pat

Alice & Barb

Bonnie & Joyce

Donnis & Alice

Joyce & Alice

Bonnie & Barb

Sue, Donnis, Pat


We laughed and talked and ate for 3 hours.  By the time they left, they all said I had set the bar very high for our first meeting!  I was pooped, but cleaned up the kitchen, then read my book for just a bit before finally heading for bed around mid-night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow !!! Looks like a very nice party... quinoa bites sound yummy. (mjinct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.