Saturday, June 13, 2015

bread baking class



Friday (6/12) went by in a FLASH!  Michael left just after 7 AM for 2 doctor’s appointments in the morning, while I got ready for another baking class.   



 My 5 students arrived at 10 AM and they kept my hopping for an hour.  Again, they were a very fun group of women and I enjoyed my time with them.   















By 11 AM all of the dough was mixed, and they left for an hour while I got the dough into the oven with a heated pot of water so that it doubled within an hour.  They came back at NOON, and everyone had a formed pan of rolls within 1/2 an hour.   



 They all left smiling, I think they all had a good time.  One very brave woman made bread for the very first time, and was serving her 20 rolls to 16 neighbors coming over that evening….I can’t wait to hear from her to see how it went.  Another student drizzled them with garlic oil before baking….YUM!!!  Five minutes after everyone left, Michael and I were on the road.  I dropped him off at the movies (he wanted to see the new movie about Brian Wilson ((one of the Beach Boys)), while I continued on to Ethel’s to drop off her quilt.  I stupidly forgot my camera, so I’m going to try to get a picture next week.  Ethel sent me over to Shirley’s (a new customer) to pick up 2 quilts from her to be done.  I headed back to Panera and just read my book while waiting for Michael to get out of the movie.  We were home just after 4 and both of us read for a bit in the living room, then he started to watch TV and I headed down to the sewing room to putz around and get a few things done.  I came upstairs at 8:30 and we watched TV together before an early bedtime (we were both beat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.