Tuesday, June 9, 2015

cooking fingers, first bread baking class



My honey left for golf at 8 AM on Monday morning (6/8) and I got a few more rows done on Ethel’s quilt before heading up to the Lake House for Cooking Fingers.  It was all Mexican food and it was wonderful.  When we arrived, there were already NO-jitos (virgin mojitos) on the table…lovely with fresh mint.   


There were demonstrations of empanadas, baked egg rolls, fiesta casserole and tortilla soup.   

For dessert there was a tres leches cake:  


 I scraped my plate clean before I left!  I got a few more rows done on Ethel’s quilt before Paula, Karen and Marsha arrived for their bread lesson.  When I demo’ed my rolls at Cooking Fingers in April, I asked if anyone would be interested in a “hands on” bread class, and several people were interested.  I finally pulled together an email and sent it out, and THIRTY-SEVEN people signed up!  I divided the class into those with heavy duty mixers and those without, and proceeded to issue invitations for classes this week on Wednesday and Friday.  I wanted to have a pre-class with a few friends and get suggestions from them, so that’s why I had Paula, Karen and Marsha on Monday afternoon.   

Paula & Karen

back of Karen on right, then Marcia & me
















  Everyone left with one pan of rolls, and another lump of dough to do more rolls, pizza dough, whatever.  By then it was close to 5 and I was beat.  Michael came home and said not to ask him about his golf….so I didn’t!  I had the last crab cake and he had yoghurt and fruit for dinner (he said he had a big lunch after golf), then he left for his Fort Mill Playhouse board meeting and I stayed home and worked on finishing the quilting for Ethel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.