Wednesday, June 17, 2015

dinner tutorial, Barb & Jeannie, Cookie



I got my green grape triangles laid out on the design wall before Jan picked me up just after 9 AM on Tuesday (6/16).  We had a lovely breakfast at the TERRACE CAFÉ in Ballentyne, then did a variety of shopping, and both of us were melted by the time we got home around 2 (another scorcher of a day!).  Michael left shortly afterwards for a foot doctor appointment, and I tried to make good use of my time by starting to sew together the second 1/2 of our tablecloth.  Michael called to say he was on his way home, and I headed upstairs to start the prep work for dinner.  I thought I’d do a tutorial for this dinner; I created it last summer and really love it because I always have the ingredients in my house (since Michael makes spinach/mushroom omelets 2 – 3 times per week, and whenever that “designer” chicken sausage goes on sale, I buy a few packs and throw them in the freezer) and it's close to a 1 pot meal (since I cook the pasta in the microwave).
 
heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in my FAVORITE skillet (thx Ginny!)

when oil is hot, add 1 large, diced onion

and 8 oz quartered mushrooms.  Saute until browned 5 - 10 min

add in sausage (this stuff is fully cooked).  stir 2 - 3 min

add 1 tbsp oregano

and 3 large diced tomatoes (or a can in the winter, or a pkg of grape tomatoes)

2 handfuls of spinach (I abhor cooked, but adore raw or slightly wilted)

8 oz cooked pasta (serves 4)


optional - add cheese, sometimes feta, sometimes parm



voila!



 Sometimes I add diced zucchini too...helps to bulk it up and this dish tastes wonderful!

Larry picked up Michael after dinner and they went to see ENTOURAGE, while Barb & Jeannie came over for socializing. 

They left around 9, and this pic says it all:
waiting for dad...and where better to wait than on his quilt

Michael came home around 10:30 and we talked for just a bit before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.