Wednesday, June 10, 2015

scallions, 2 new music cards, glads



Michael left at 8:30 AM on Tuesday (6/9) to start his round of errands, and I had a bit of time to sew before Jan picked me up, so my tumbling blocks rows are all together…YAY!!!  Now I just have to add the 3-1/2 “ black border all around.  Jan and I went out to breakfast at IHOP, then hit Belk’s (department store) for a return, and Michael’s Craft Store for a few things before returning home to sew.  I got the last 2 rows of Ethel’s quilt done while Jan worked on a baby quilt she is hoping to complete soon.  Shortly after Jan left, Donna came for a visit.  I had a friend filled day and that is the best kind of day!  AND, I had recently mentioned that I would like to get a clipping of a sweet potato vine…and Donna brought me several!  One already planted in dirt, and 3 others in water that will hopefully root.  Speaking of plants, my scallions have started to grow a tiny bit:  
look closely to see the green centers popping up, especially on the left

 Donna left around 4 PM and I started to trim Ethel’s quilt and sew in the ends.  Michael has been busy drawing over the last couple of days, and he completed 2 more music cards, one a player piano, and one a grand piano…I love them both!   













As well as picking even MORE glads for our living room (can you tell we are somewhat overrun with glads??) 




AT 6 PM, Michael and I left to meet Larry & Evelyn at BAD DADDY”S BIG BURGER in Ballentyne.  We had a delightful dinner, then Larry came with us to see SAN ANDREAS, while Evelyn headed home.  The writing in the movie was VERY trite, but we saw it in 3-D and the special effects were worth it!  We were home after 10 (it was a long movie) and read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.