Sunday, June 7, 2015

gladiolas, scallions



I had a delightful Saturday morning (6/6)!  Jan called at 7:30 and I grabbed the leftover quiche and headed to her house.  We shared the quiche for breakfast and got to talk for 1-1/2 hours before I headed back home.  By the time I got my blog entry done, and the minutes for quilting out, it was already 10:30 and I started back in working on my tumbling blocks.  I don’t know what is wrong with me, but it was 2 steps forward and 3 steps backwards….I kept making stupid mistakes and then ripping them out.  I finally decided I would look at the green grape fabric (delivered on Friday) and maybe do a few triangles before going back to the tumbling blocks.  Well, I opened the package and they sent me the completely wrong thing!!!  Some pattern with ugly bird fabric…..oh well…I decided to call it a day and just read for a bit.  Micahel came home from golfing here at SCCL with an 87 that he seemed happy with.  We both got cleaned up and headed up to Paula & Doug’s around 6 PM with a vase full of gladiolas  (Michael picked them all from our front and back gardens)
















and a pan of rolls (that I over-rose for the second day in a row!!!  They still tasted good, just didn't look as nice as usual).  She gave us a fabulous dinner…macaroni salad, corn on the cob, green beans and BBQ grilled pork chops that were divine.  We spent several hours playing SHIEST and SCREWED, eating a pineapple cream cheese dessert, topped with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut and/or toasted almonds along the way…it was heavenly.  We had driven up to the Paula’s in our golf cart, and we rode home in the pouring rain (who knew it was going to rain???), screaming and laughing all the way.  We got dried off and settled in for just a bit of TV watching (I got one butterfly sewn on, thank you Penny!) before heading for bed.

I forgot to tell you, when I made the quiche, I cut off 1/2 an inch at the bottom of the scallions...I thought that was too short to re-grow, so I suspended them with a toothpick, like you used to do with an avocado pit...hope it works:
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Glads !!! Golf car ride sounded fun. I could just see you two doing that ! (mj in ct.)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.