Monday, June 8, 2015

dining al fresco, beginning tablecloth, flowers a trois


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (6/7) while I headed to my computer to get everything done.  Then, we had a lovely breakfast out on the deck: 
 
I headed out on the golf cart after that to drop off a number of things (towels to Paula, coupons to Beth and a table top ironing board and some books for reading to Jan) before heading back downstairs.  I decided I wanted to lay out my tablecloth, and just leave spaces for the green fabric so that once those triangles were done I could immediately start to sew it together, and that took me quite a bit of time. 
the white spaces are where the blueberry/green grape triangles will go
In the meantime, Michael was picking more gladiolas for us:
 
and for Anne (our across the street neighbor):
 
and some dahlias for us: 
 
After that I got one seam done (correctly, finally!) on my tumbling blocks, then I loaded up another quilt from Ethel that I am doing as a charity quilt.  We had baked potatoes, crab cakes and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner (oh yum!!), after which I headed back downstairs to get Ethel’s quilt started.  I got 3 rows done by 8:30 PM, then headed upstairs to sew on a few butterflies (thanks again Penny) and watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.