Thursday, June 18, 2015

bread baking class, tablecloth, turtle embroideries, crescent rolls


Michael left before 8 AM Wednesday morning (6/17) for golf here at SCCL and for me, Wednesday morning was all about getting the guest room ready for my friend Cathy (who’s coming in Friday afternoon…YAY!!) and getting set up for another  bread baking class.   

 One of the students is a quilter as well, so during the break (which is when the dough is rising and people leave for an hour) she wanted a tour of the long arm, which I was happy to give.  We talked about quilting for a bit, and after she left, (and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit) I laid on the floor with my feet up on the couch to recover from being on my feet so much :~).  My students returned after an hour and they shaped their rolls and were on their way:   


Peggy
Janet

Ray



I think it was another sucessful, fun class..my students were very anxious to know when the next one would be :~).  I did a bit of kitchen clean up, ran down to drop something off for Joanne, talked a bit with my honey (home from a brutally hot day on the course) and finally headed back to the studio.  A good friend of mine called me today to tell me that she doesn’t think she’ll really be doing much quilting anymore, and she wants to give me all of her fabric.  She said I’ve always done a lot of charity work, and she knows it will be well used.   WOW…I was overwhelmed with her generosity.  I am going to go and pick it up in a couple of months, but thinking about it made me realize that I need to stop goofing around and GET MORE DONE!  So, while I was working on sewing together the second 1/2 of the tablecloth, 

you can see...not much left to go

 my embroidery machine was going with kid’s designs to be put into a new quilt, 


and I started another quilt as “leaders and enders” with the table cloth (thank you Mary Jo!)  


 When we had dinner last night I said to Michael “you know what would go really well with this dinner???  some rolls!  So on Wednesday I started playing around with the next bread recipe I want to teach in my classes…and that is whole wheat crescent rolls…Unfortunately, I only got 1/2 of the recipe done before class, and when I went back to finish it, I totally forgot they were supposed to be whole wheat…and I threw in regular flour.   
first rolled out

after an hour

baked!

 
Well, they were scrumptious with our leftovers…but I have to make the recipe again…with the proper flour this time :~).  I sewed until almost 7:30, then it was time to SKYPE with Janice for an hour. 
By the time we were done, I felt like I had been going full bore since 6:30 AM (mostly because I had) and I went upstairs to be with my honey.  I didn’t sew on any butterflies, and I didn’t knit on a hat and I didn’t pass GO and collect $200…I just sat and watched TV  :~)

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! white tablecloth

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.