Saturday, June 20, 2015

bread class, a student's rolls, Cathy visits!!



Michael had an unexpected invitation to play golf on Friday (6/19), so he left at 9 AM and I spent time getting ready for another bread baking class.  I only had 1 student, and Paula came down for a refresher, and we all had a really good time.   
this is Nancy who was really good at reminding me to take pictures...thx Nancy!!

Paula just starting out



 


look at that gorgeous dough all up on the dough hook

getting ready to shape rolls
















































perfection!

 By the time they left, and I got the kitchen cleaned up a bit, it was time to take Cookie to the vet.  My poor baby has both an ear infection and a UTI infection.  She got 2 shots and a bunch of drops and was REALLY glad to see the vet’s office in the rear view mirror :~).  By the time I got home Michael was home, with an 87 in golf, and he was already watching stuff from the US OPEN (he always gets left alone on Father’s Day weekend as he binge watches everything about the open).  One of my Wednesday bread students sent me a picture of his rolls, 

don't these look perfect???

and asked if he could come over for a critique.  Even though the rolls were cold by the time I called him, he came over and Michael and I agreed that they tasted wonderful and the crumb was really good.  As we were sitting there talking, my friend Cathy (from Delaware) came strolling up to the front door. 

Cathy and I met in a class at Travelers (she was teaching, I was taking), we got to know each other, lived together for awhile, and have been friends ever since ( a long, long time).  She had been attending a week long conference in Asheville and came for a quick visit (this weekend) before heading home.  We went out to MAMA’s PIZZA for dinner, and when we came home Michael headed for more US OPEN coverage, while Cathy and I sat in the living room and talked and talked until we were all talked out (at least for the night :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.