Sunday, June 28, 2015

Doug & Paula & dinner



I took a bike ride up to the grocery store at 7 AM Saturday morning (6/27) and Michael left for golf here at SCCL at 8 AM (praying all the while I am sure that the 70% chance of rain would hold off until he got home!)  When I got back from the store, I put together a pasta salad 

 and my whole wheat crescent roll dough (that I am testing for the next set of bread classes) before hitting the studio around 11 AM. I got the last 4 rows quilted on Pat’s quilt, and got the second 1/2 of my table cloth sewn together.  Around 3:30 I headed upstairs to pull the rest of dinner together.  I formed the rolls and left them to rise, breaded bone in, skin on chicken thighs, 


made a plate of tomatoes (sprinkled with balsamic vinegar, basil (courtesy of Paula’s garden), and Parmesan cheese), 


 and got the corn on the cob ready for the microwave.  Doug & Paula 


 came down at 6 PM and pronounced everything delicious.  We played RUMMY-O for several hours after dinner, stopping for some mini-key lime pie part way through.  They left after 9:30 and I read while Michael watched TV until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.