Monday, June 15, 2015

first 1/2 of table cloth, glads, temp!, bread


Michael left for golf here at SCCL around 8 AM on Saturday (6/13).  I had a bit of clean up in the kitchen before heading to my studio for a day of sewing….heaven!  I continued working with my green grape fabric and got enough triangles done to start filling in my table cloth. 

Michael was home just after 2 PM with an 86, and he seemed  inordinately pleased with how his drives were today; he said he dropped back to doing something he learned from John (the golf pro) awhile ago and it was really working well.  I ended up sewing until around 8 PM (we just had leftovers for dinner), then we both settled in with popcorn to watch THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK.  It was great, neither one of us really remembered the movie, but it was really long and put us into bed after 11.

****************


Michael took the dog for a walk first thing Sunday morning (6/14), while I got some paper/computer work done.  When he came home he said it was too hot to eat on the deck, so it was the boring kitchen for us :~).  Michael went to Publix after breakfast to score us some butter & sugar corn (and a few other things) while I put together sandwich dough as we were totally out.  He cut more flowers for our kitchen and living room (we love the gladiolas, but they don’t last long) and I just LOVE the color and how big and lush the coral is:



We also had a 1st in the afternoon....something I hope doesn't happen often AT ALL:
our outdoor thermometer showed 101 degrees in the shade!

I got the dough shaped for its second rising around lunchtime, and finally got it baked.   
my beautifully risen dough

I divide it in 1/2

I divide one part into 1/2 again
it is shaped and put into my pans

additional 35 minute rise

voila, yummy bread!

 Michael ran 1/2 a loaf over to our friend Don who is recovering from surgery.  When Michael dropped it off, 2 of our other friends were there visiting Don and Gloria (his wife) said she was going to hide it until they left  :~).

I worked on my tablecloth for most of the afternoon, stopping around 4 PM because Ralph came by for a visit.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’re going to ICELAND!!!!!!!!  The four of us are taking a trip to Iceland next January, hoping to see the Northern Lights.  The trip came together very quickly and I am VERY excited!!!!!  Ralph came by with their passports (his and Candy's) and his credit card and we got the whole thing booked.  I cannot believe it!  When it left it was time for dinner ('mater sammiches on fresh bread with corn on the cob...OH MY!!!  SO GOOD!!) I sewed after that until 8 PM when I was finished sewing 1/2 of our tablecloth together.  I watched TV and stitched on butterflies for the rest of the evening with my honey.
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful life you (we) lead!!! I love U so much!!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tablecloth !!! and you'll have to tell me ALL about ICELAND ! I've always wanted to go there.... (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.