Thursday, June 11, 2015

official bread baking class, coral glads



Michael left at 7:30 AM on Wednesday (6/10) for golf here at SCCL, while I jumped up to get my blog entry out and to get set up for my first official bread baking class.  












 When we got home from the movies Tuesday night, one of my students had dropped out, putting me at 4 students, which I think is a good number for the class.  I ran up to the farmer’s maket at 9 AM to get tomatoes and cantaloupe and peaches (the strawberries appear to be done  :~(  ) and was back home in plenty of time to welcome my students:   
 from left to right: Kathy, Cathy, Barb & Heather

 You know, years ago when I did my first play (LET”S MURDER MARSHA…..I had the lead, I was Marsha) when the play was over, one of the guys said “oh, you’ll be back; you heard the applause and it will keep you coming back”.  I have to tell you he was wrong, the applause didn’t do anything for me.  I was glad I had done a good job, but that was it.  But when I teach a class, and my students say “I learned so much” or “I had such a good time”…THAT is what gives me a charge and makes me want to go on teaching anything and everything that I know :~).  So, as you might guess, my students were all so nice and said they had a great time, 
Barb with her finished dough

Cathy with her rolls

Kathy & her rolls

Heather & her rolls

Heather's rolls after she baked for dinner!


 so of course, I am eagerly looking forward to my second official class on Friday.  After class though, I was BEAT!  I sacked out on the fainting couch in the bedroom until Michael came home.  We talked for a good bit (it took me awhile to feel like I was fully awake), then went out back and played with the dog.  Michael cut another vase of gladiolas…just look at this coral color, it is SO beautiful!!!   
   
We had spaghetti & meatballs with a salad for dinner, then I SKYPED with Janice for an hour before heading back upstairs to sack out on the couch and watch TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.