Friday, August 25, 2017

yarn bombing!!!, SHQ show & tell, Mary Jo, butternut squash dinner

Final update on ‘the gator’: 

Later, Alligator
Well, we received many emails and there was no harm or malicious intent. This harmless plastic alligator was placed near the lake by a well-meaning club to scare away the geese. In order to avoid this sort of miscommunication in the future, if any club or group desires to make any addition, removal, change, etc. etc. from any area of COS (Common Open Space), we ask that you inform the management company. We hope that you can understand the vastness of SCCL, all its amenities and the task of managing it all. 

Thanks again.’

Michael was up and out of the house for a 10 AM tee time on Thursday (8/24) while it took me a long time to get my blog pulled together.  When I went back upstairs…..I discovered I’d been YARN BOMBED!!!!!  Too cool…this is what my stair railing looks like:   






I don’t know how long it took Mary Jo to crochet this….it is SO LONG!!!  I absolutely LOVE it and it’s going to live on my railing for a long, long time  :~).  To see more examples of what yarn bombing is, you should check this out: 
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/2015/04/yarn-and-how-we-love-it/   

And this:
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/2011/04/yarncaching/


Mary Jo and I made it to quilting around 10:30 and she continued to work on her embroidery while I knit until we had show and tell at 11 AM:  

Pam w/ a quilt of valor

look at the quilting on the border....beautiful

Chirs w/ a new table runner

Chris w/ Amish Star Potholder

Marge w/ a GORGEOUS wedding quilt




Joan w/ a casserole carrier

June - beautiful FMQ feathers











































I took chicken salad, strawberries and crackers for lunch and Mary Jo, Jan and I made a meal of that, along with Linda’s yummy pineapple cake:  


I think everyone’s sides hurt by the end of lunch…we were laughing so much  :~).  We got home around 2 PM and Pat stopped by to chat AND she took 3 of my quilts with her for donation to the IL VFW (my contact lives in her pod).  The 4th one will be given away to my neighbor this Saturday.    Loree & Reg also stopped by to pick up newspapers I forgot to take to quilting.  Eventually I got back to quilting on the crayon, while sewing together rows for the second crayon.  While I was quilting, Mary Jo was doing a variety of things….embroidering, reading, knitting…..always with a faithful companion nearby:  





The one thing Mary Jo asked for when she was visiting was if we could have the butternut squash dish so that was dinner…I sautéed onions and zucchini in olive oil and sage butter 



while the butternut raviolis were cooking in the microwave, then we tossed it all together 



with more sage from the garden and a bit more sage butter….yum!  



We both headed back to the studio after dinner and I got a bit more quilting done before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous, I only got squash and spagetti, not raviolis ;( tee hee ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.