Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Fort Mill Playhouse Capital Campaign

Michael had breakfast out with his buddies on Tuesday (8/29) while of course I headed to my studio.  I seem to have a lot of “leftovers” (otherwise knows as UFO’s) hanging around and decided I needed to concentrate on those.  I cleaned up the embroidery from yesterday, then loaded up a second sheep.  So, let me give you one small example of why sometimes you get too many UFO’s (unfinished objects for the un-initiated among you).  I already had a series of embroideries I started quite awhile ago on under-the-sea creatures.  AND, I always make multiple embroideries of the same thing, because once you’ve dragged out all of your colors it is just easier to run off 3 embroideries for eventual inclusion in 3 different quilts.  So, why didn’t I drop back to those to test out my embroidery machine?  Well, I cut all of the background fabric at once when I’m doing this (yes, it’s the anal Debbie method) and if I had tried it out with my old embroideries, and it didn’t stitch out correctly and ruined my background fabric…I don’t have any EXTRA of that background fabric….so, I started with something new where I had plenty of background fabric available… capisce?    Clear as mud!  Anyway, the first embroidery worked out and I loaded up a second one (‘cause all of the colors were out…remember?) to stitch out while I cleaned up the first one:  


I used pure white on the body with that first embroidery, and that didn’t show very well at all, so I corrected that with the second embroidery:  



Then I put those 2 embroideries and all of the background fabric I cut away.  All of that took me until a little after NOON, but while that second embroidery was stitching out, I got binding made for a to-be-bound quilt that’s been sitting on the pile for months:  


I started to sew the binding on: 



but didn’t get very far because at 2 PM I headed upstairs to shower, change clothes and have a bite to eat before Susan picked me up before 3 PM for another lifestyle meeting.  That meeting lasted until 5, after which Susan and I headed directly to the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill.  The Fort Mill Playhouse had the public kick off of their Capital Campaign to raise money for a new home.  It was a great event: 









I got to see lots of people (mostly actors) I haven’t seen in forever, there was even entertainment: 


but Michael and I were both beat when we got home at 9:30.  We lit our candles and fairy lights out on the lanair 


















and sat out there for an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.