Friday, August 11, 2017

Cookie & Elsie a duex, Scrap Happy people & show 'n' tell

Michael had another VERY early tee time on Thursday (8/9) and was out of the house before 7 AM in a borrowed golf cart.  Our cart died after 1-1/2 holes on Wednesday, so it sat out in the driveway until they picked it up Thursday morning.  My latest Valor quilt is done and I love, love, love the quilting on it:  














After I use this as one of my trunk show quilts for the SCCL quilters in 2 weeks, I will give it to my neighbor…a Vietnam vet.  When I came upstairs to pack the car for quilting, a détente of sorts was taking place:  














Quilting was wonderful (as always), lots of talking...and we fill up all areas of our meeting room:

background: Mary Ann, Sandy D, Sue  foreground: Mary C, Loree

Pam, Sue, Chris, Sandy B, Joan

June, Robin

Judy, Gee, Mary B, Jerry L

Mary C, Loree, Denise  and in back Marge & Susie

There's always lots of laughing and lots of great show and tell:

Leslie hits the back-to-school sales for craft containers

a quilt from Sue B

Susie doing miniature couble wedding rings!!



Chris with a table runner with pumpkins for both sides of the table

Jerry L

I gave Jerry these embroideries and this is what she created....so clever!!

So I come home from quilting around 2 PM and Michael says “ask me how golfing was today”…and he looks pretty down….so I say “how was golf” and he says “well, a 43 on the front nine, seven OVER par….and then EVEN par on the back nine….for a total of 79”…..by then he is grinning like a fool  :~).  He also had THREE….count ‘em….THREE birdies!  

I sewed a bit in the late afternoon….my honey took me out for Baskin Robbins at 7 PM, which gave me a bit more energy to sew until 9 PM!!  My second Valor quilt is almost finished.  We watched a bit of TV before bed.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree... quilting on valor quilt is wonderful !!! (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.