Wednesday, August 9, 2017

breakfast with Paula, Nancy & Pat

I forgot to mention that Janice and I got to SKYPE for over an hour Tuesday night…it started right up and we had nary a problem….YAY!!  She’s been working during the day for 2 weeks, so that’s why we had to SKYPE at night.


Michael was up and OUT before 7 AM on Wednesday (8/9) which gave me an early start to the day as well  :~).  I was at my sewing machine working on binding for the first of my Valor quilts at 7:15 AM.  I got cleaned up in time for Paula to pick me up at 9 AM for our breakfast out:  

Paula

the "special"

hashbrowns PLUS++

yummy biscuits

























It was fabulous and kept me full all day (I never had lunch OR dinner!!)  We hit Joann’s, a jeweler’s, KOLH’s and a grocery store on the way home.  I was home literally 10 minutes when Pat W and Nancy showed up.  Nancy gave me a whirlwind lesson on listing things on EBAY, then we took off for lunch (I had a strawberry margarita) then headed to the airport.  We dropped Nancy off 

Nancy & Pat
(we’ll see her again at the QUAP retreat in March…you remember QUAP…quilt-a-holics  AND Pat?) and headed for home.  I don’t know what it is about riding around with people all day but I was beat!  I didn’t do anything until around 6 PM when I pulled together dinner for Michael (baked potato and surf and turf which was a tilapia fillet and a hamburger (which I thought was a crab cake until it was unfrozen in my skillet!!) ) and ran a Tamale Pie casserole across the street to my neighbors.  I got to sew a bit more after that and finished the binding and label on my first Valor quilt (pictures hopefully tomorrow) and then Michael and I sat out on the lanair for about an hour.  After that it was a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.