Wednesday, August 2, 2017

an amble through SCCL, Cookie & Elsie, strips for Tuscan

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Tuesday morning (8/1), and took a bunch of pictures that he wanted labeled “an amble through SCCL”:  


our neighbor, whose hobby is keeping his yard pristine

Cookie exploring

more exploring

neighbor dogs along the way

a little bit of tennis

keeping the grounds clean



























































































Today's walk went up to the dock at Lake "B" and Michael generally takes some Cheerios to feed the fishes and turtles:














Time to leave this beautiful spot:



















And on the way home, our neighbor is still working on his yard!! (Mowing it himself, even though our HOA dues include mowing/trimming our lawns):




Michael had a quick breakfast before leaving for a bunch of errands (golf store, WALMART, chiro), while I got a few things done around the house before picking up Susan for a lifestyle meeting at 10 AM.  We were there for over 2 hours, and when I got home I called Diane.  Diane is the woman who used to have the same machine I do, but traded it in for an INNOVA….you remember…the one that gave me “tension envy”  :~).  When I went upstairs just before she came…I had another photo op (guess it's not really cool enough to totally snuggle):  















Anyway, Diane is so sweet, she came over and basically talked me down off of the ledge.  I’ve now ordered a new bobbin case and TOWA gauge on-line, and the minute Berry (guy who sold me the machine) comes back from a Bernina conference, I am going to ask for a house call to fix the timing on my machine (Diane and I both think that is currently out of whack due to a couple of fabric jams).  We talked for a bit about this and that before she headed for home, and I read my book for just a bit before heading back downstairs.  Since I can’t do anything about the long arm problems for now, I’m going to put it out of my head and concentrate on finishing up a few other projects.  Unfortunately the Valor quilts won’t be part of them as my embroidery machine just ate TWO MORE labels  :~(.  Maybe I should reconsider this hobby….I can’t quilt right now…and I can’t embroider right now…..maybe I should take up…..golf???  I’ve got a call into Pat to see if she can possibly stitch some labels out for me.  My honey and I were both downstairs in the late afternoon, and I just thought Cookie looked adorable sleeping on the sofa:  
















Michael just wanted yoghurt for dinner, and I asked him to make a bowl of popcorn for me for dinner before Larry picked him up at 6 PM.  They went to see ATOMIC BLONDE and both apparently liked it.  I made a start on cutting strips for the Tuscan quilt: 




and when Michael got home, we spent an hour from 10 PM – 11 PM, sitting on our lanair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.