Friday, August 18, 2017

cards from Ginny & Michael, SHQ show & tell, Susie basting

I have to share the cutest postcard I got a couple of days ago…I think my friend Ginny drew it especially for me….here’s the front:  


and the back says “having a long arm moment?  I feel your pain”.  It made me laugh right out loud….and the painting perfectly summed up my feelings as well  :~).  

I guess drawing was in the air because Michael completed a new note card as well:


Michael was up and out BEFORE 7 AM for the second day of the tournament on Thursday (8/17).  I was anxiously waiting for the oven repair guy to come…hoping to still make it to part of quilting.  The repair guy called at 8:40 and said he’d be here in 30 minutes.  He was as good as his word….and my oven is now working again…YAY!!!  Not to mention we pulled out the fridge and we took off the back panel and vacuumed out everything.  I was only an hour late to quilting…and just took knitting to work on, but spent most of my time talking  :~).  We had some nice show and tell:  

aodrable tigers from Floy


Marge learns paper piecing on mug rugs

Sue B & the no waste jelly roll


Pam & layer cake fun


















We also had one person basting a quilt…here’s what you do when the quilt is too large and the quilter too petite:  

Susie




Hey – whatever works…right?  I was absolutely ravenous when I got home, so I had some lunch, Susie stopped by for a recipe and my honey came home from his tournament.  Today he was playing against an 8 handicapper (and Michael is a 14 handicapper).  It was match play and it came down to the final hole….even without the stroke that his competitor would give him on the hole….Michael won!!!!!  He was so happy….plus he said the guy was a really nice guy through the entire round, so that made it fun to play.   So, he won a point for the blue team….and yesterday he won a point for the blue team…and the blue team won!!!  He was very happy.  I finally headed to my studio at 2 PM, to continue to work on Tuscan and Valor.  You know what takes the longest on the Tuscan?  Ironing open the seams once I have sewn the row :~).  We finally finished up our Chinese for dinner and I headed upstairs at 8 PM for an hour of reading, then knitting and snuggling and TV watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.