Saturday, August 5, 2017

free fabric, movement on tumbling blocks, date night

I wanted to show you what I scored at the fabric grab on Thursday:  

















That piece of cream background is huge….several yards at least…..that’s the good news….but the moral dilemma is…..must it go on the stash spreadsheet  :~) ? For those of you who might be wavering…the answer is YES!  But the good news is….for the 10 yards I added to the stash spreadsheet for the free fabric, at least I got to subtract 5 yards of other fabric I sold to a friend:


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Friday morning (8/4) and then headed to the lanair for breakfast:  



I headed to my studio and spent the day (on and off) working on my strata.  By dinnertime I had all of the Tuscan stratas made, but I have another problem.  I will definitely need ALL of my design wall for the Tuscan quilt…however, my design wall currently looks like this:  


Michael spent a bit of time getting these tumbling blocks laid out….I think I have to suck it up and get it sewn together (and off of the wall) so that my design wall has enough room to layout the Tuscan quilt.  I’m not even going to cut any of the triangle blocks out for the Tuscan because they will have 2 bias edges and the less moving/touching/laying out after they are cut, the better.  So, I’m hoping to drop back and get the tumbling blocks together.  I spent a good portion of the late afternoon cutting out a black background to finish off these blocks:  





now I just have to sew it together
In case you don’t remember where these came from, they are leftovers from the second tumbling blocks quilt I made….and I have many, many more leftover tumbling blocks to come  :~).  My honey spent the afternoon watching golf and taking the nasty burned & ripped cover off of my table top ironing board: 


and replacing it with something beautiful (and from my stash!!):  




This is one of 2 tabletop ironing boards that Larry W made for me...and I use it EVERY day!  I just love them!

Michael and I decided it was date night again….so we started with this:  


ASTI absolutely loaded with frozen strawberries to keep it chilled.  We had stuffed shells to start off: 


then chicken egg rolls:  


We finished off with brownies with raspberry cream topping while we watched FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.  It was a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.