Sunday, August 27, 2017

Quilt of Valor to Ken, Pat W pumpkin, Janice's hydrangeas

I was up at 4 AM Saturday morning (8/26) and grabbed my mohair throw to head out to the lanair…..OMG!!!  It was fabulous to lie out there…listening to all of nature waking up (including the sky)!  Michael left for golf before 7:30 AM and after I got my blog out, I spent a good bit of time washing dishes.  Our dishwasher was as full as I have EVER seen it….and it quit working  :~(.  Just this morning Michael said to me “I think it’s time to move…everything is breaking!!”  And before you ask, the dishwasher is 18 months old  :~(….BOSCH will definitely be hearing from me about this.  Anyway, the dish and silverware cupboards were bare (we’ve been using our party dishes and silverware) so Saturday morning I washed everything up.  I finally made breakfast after that and hit my studio around 11 AM.  Mary Jo’s welcome flowers still looked pretty good, so I moved them out to grace my studio:  


I worked to finish sewing rows together and to get borders on the second crayon quilt and Michael came home before 1 PM with an 87…which I think he should have been happy about, but of course he was disappointed in his 5 penalty shots.   I headed upstairs at 3 PM to bake cookies and get ready for Ginny & Ken’s visit at 4 PM.  Ken is our across the street neighbor and a Vietnam vet and we invited them over to give him a Quilt of Valor.  




To say that they were both stunned was an understatement.  We invited them for “cookies and conversation”, so they had no idea what was taking place.  Ken truly was overcome with the gesture and Michael and I were so pleased that they both liked it.  They headed home after talking for a bit, and Michael and I dove into ‘mater sammiches for dinner.  I headed back to my studio and got the second quilt all laid on and basted 

leaving just an inch between the 1st and 2nd crayon quilts














and the quilting started before going upstairs at 8 PM for TV watching and snuggling with my honey.

Pat W made the cutest 3-D embroidered pumpkin for our display windows at the Lake House...check it out:


And color me TOTALLY JEALOUS when comparing my (ONLY) 2 blooms from 3 huge and healthy looking hydrangeas to Janice's:












Oh well....maybe next year.... :~(

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful "Quilt of Valor " and it was so nice to present it to someone you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think everything survived the snowfall St Patricks Day wekend. My buttrfly bush looks terrible and we have a flowering bush that never flowered this year. I think the butterflys and bees suffered too.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.