Sunday, August 6, 2017

tumbling blocks, Cooper & Jan

When Michael got up at 6 AM on Saturday (8/5) I grabbed a quilt and headed out to the lanair.  I laid out there for just over an hour, watching the sky brighten and listening to all of the birds waking up…it was wonderful!  Michael left at 7:15 for golfing and I did a bunch of stuff in the early morning before heading to my studio to continue working on the tumbling blocks.  I made good (but slow) progress in sewing the blocks into columns…especially after messing up a couple of rows in the beginning, but finally coming up with a system to keep me on track.  




I had a break in the afternoon when Cookie (and I) got some company:



I am NOT sure about this!

ok...I'll play is you say so.

























How can anyone resist this face:




















Mom was having a good time watching:


And there are toys here too:



















But once they escape, they don't come back:















OK...I guess it's time to go home:



The only sad thing about today is that BG is not coming.  Her mom has been in and out of the hospital for the past week and is not bouncing back.  Although I am sad about her visit being cancelled, I totally understand about worrying about your mom….we’ll just have to set up a Foust visit for February!!

My honey came home in the afternoon all happy once again…..a 78 on our SCCL course…..that is awesome as it is NOT an easy course....even par on the back 9……he couldn’t stop talking about it  :~).  We left around 5 PM to meet Pat & George and Nancy (Pat’s Chicago friend and the one who organized the QUAP retreat in Paducah last year) at Mellow Mushroom.  We had a wonderful dinner, then headed back to Pat’s for a smurfy ice cream sandwich cake for dessert.  We were home after 9 PM and just read our books until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.