Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Mary Jo is here!!!

Well - after reading yesterday's post, my honey informed me that the town we were REALLY headed for was Whitmire....what do I know...I was just driving the car and turning when they told me too  :~)!!

***************************

My honey and Cookie went walking on Tuesday morning (8/22) but not until after I told him the news:

Today, an alligator was spotted near the Del Webb bridge side of Lake B (the big lake behind the Lake House).  We have confirmation of the sighting and photos of an estimated 5-7 foot gator. The docks Grandparent’s Park and the Kayak Launch area are closed until Animal Control can come out, investigate and possibly remove it. Until that time, use extreme caution and avoid walking dogs (especially small ones) anywhere around the Lake and Pettus trail. Although we have not closed the trail, consider it temporarily off limits. Absolutely do not let any pet off leash. We will send out another update as soon as we can.’

Sheesh!!!!  You’d think we lived near my friend Inez in Florida!!!  He decided to change his route and not feed the fish/turtles until we hear more!!!  I SKYPED with Janice from 8:30 – 9:30, then ran out the door to get to the airport for this:














YAYAYAY!!!!  Mary Jo is here!!!!!  We talked and talked all the way home!  Michael picked a nice selection of our flowers and had them waiting in her room:  



We headed downstairs to sew for a bit before coming upstairs to check out the lanair:  

must be a really boring book!

and have lunch.  I really put the pedal to the medal after that, sewing together one of the crayon quilts so that I could further test Miss Scarlett.  We paused for PAPA MURPHY’s pizza for dinner, and Larry picked up Michael to go and see LOGAN LUCKY, which he really liked.  Mary Jo and I headed back to the studio and I got the first crayon quilt basted…WITH NOT ONE PROBLEM…..YAY!!!  


Mary Jo made good use of her time while we were talking:  


She had been up since 5 AM and was really dragging by 10 PM, so we headed to bed.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to read that you were able to load a quilt (love the crayon fabric and the bright strips!) without any problems! Hope she stitches out just great! Miss Joy is much better and back to stitching pretty - still not sure what the problem was, they came by and checked her yesterday. Always something new to learn with these machines!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.