Saturday, August 12, 2017

BG on SKYPE!, new Valor quilt totally done, Tuscan blocks cut

Michael and Cookie went for a walk first thing Friday morning (8/11) while I had a short SKYPE session with BG (she had an appointment right after, but my honey did get home in time to say 'hi' and take a picture):  


I finished up the second Valor quilt:  















I’m talking to the Sun City quilt group in less than 2 weeks about long arm quilting, and they also asked me to do a trunk show.  I talked to Susie (professional quilt judge, totally 'hand did' piecing and quilting person and friend from Thursday quilting) and asked how many quilts she takes when people ask her to do a show and she said 30 – 40!!!!  I don’t have nearly that many in my house without my donation quilts.  With that in mind I am not donating any of my newest finished quilts until after that talk, but this second quilt will go to the local VFW (I've donated 4 already this year and will have 3 more for them after the talk).  I worked the rest of the morning finishing up the tumbling blocks (picture once I get it ironed), and the early afternoon emailing with a nearby long arm-er.  I stumbled onto her blog site through a link from Facebook where she had a GREAT explanation of how to add borders correctly, and we emailed back and forth the rest of the afternoon.  I think I can learn a lot from this woman (who is somewhere in the mountains of the Carolinas) just by reading the tips on her blog!  And she’s funny too!  And she also gave me encouragement and  pointers through email.  It is ALWAYS so nice to talk to another long arm-er!!  I’ve started following her at: (https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com).  

By mid-afternoon I was cutting my Tuscan strips: 






and by the time I quit at 7 PM, all of the blocks/triangles were done:  


My honey and I watched TV for 3 hours!!!...while I knit before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!! Love those blocks, autumn colors are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to My Carolina Home. Sounds like a field trip to the Mountian Regional fair or show?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.