Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Mary Jo's "eggs", Foust purchases, finished customer quilt

I have to show you these cute pictures before we get started.  You know how Michael and I arrange our eggs into patterns?  Well, my friend Mary Jo sent me pictures saying she was trying to do it with a 6-pack of beer:


















Too funny!!

Michael headed out to breakfast with his buddies Tuesday morning (8/8) while I decided it was time to face Miss Scarlett to see if the new parts I got for her fixed the problems I was having.  Well, there’s good news, bad news and good news.  Good news – by 11 AM I had finished quilting the last row of the customer quilt (yes, all of those green rectangles are thread breaks)


(although I have 3 thread breaks to repair on that one row…not to mention the dozens on the rest of the quilt)….bad news – the problems still exist…..good news – I now think I know exactly what is happening to cause me to 1 – not be able to pull up my bobbin thread, 2 – keep breaking the top thread, 3 – have my tension not be as good as it could.  I have a call into a JUKI dealer in Lexington…I’m hoping to get a home visit for a repair.  After the quilting was finished, I was starving and headed upstairs to scrounge around for something for my breakfast/lunch.  My honey brought home pulled pork from his golfing experience last night, so that’s what I had while I boiled eggs to make egg salad.  I spent the early afternoon getting the quilt off of the frame and making a start at weaving in bobbin ends.  Susan picked me up just before 3 PM for another “lifestyle” meeting….luckily we are finally in the phase of beginning to write up our report.  We still have a minimum of 3 more meetings, but at least my time on this committee is coming to a close.  I was home at 5 PM and we had leftovers for dinner.  After Michael left at 6 PM to pick up Larry to see VALARIAN AND THE CITY OF 1,000 PLANETS, I took a break from sewing and filled in my stash spreadsheet with my purchases from yesterday….yellow suede texture cotton:  


bright green:    



regular blue denim, and black batik I bought (that wasn't at all what I was looking for, but I think will work) as the final fabric for a new hidden wells: 














and as of April 23, 2017 (when I started keeping track)  I have bought EXACTLY as many yards as I have used  :~(.  I’ve bought 65-1/2 yards….and I’ve sewn 65-1/2 yards…..guess I’d better get busy cutting & sewing new stuff  :~).  Considering that I have been very conservative in my buying habits since starting this spreadsheet I was SHOCKED to find out I’ve bought 65-1/2 yards of fabric in basically 3-1/2 months……I can’t imagine how much I would have bought if I wasn’t being conservative!!!  After that I finished off the customer quilt and got it trimmed before Michael got home:


Michael got home close to 10 PM and we lit the candles on our lanair and enjoyed the evening for just 1/2 an hour before heading for bed.

2 comments:

  1. I would have NEVER guessed 65.5 !!!! That's a LOT of fabric ! (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I was at Foust on Wednesday!!! Bought four short bolts of fabric and some notions.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.