Thursday, August 17, 2017

label, new Valor quilt

Michael left just after 7 AM on Wednesday (8/16) for the first day of the tournament and by the time I got my blog out, emails read and tea made it was time to SKYPE with Janice at 8:30 AM.  We never got to SKYPE because Janice could never get signed in (this has happened to me too in the past and it is totally frustrating!!), but we had a good time talking on the phone for over an hour.  I ran upstairs after that and pulled my stuff together for Pat to pick me up at 9:50.  She had a mammogram in the morning and I asked her if she wanted company and then we went to lunch.  It was wonderful because we had all of this time to talk… something we’ve haven’t done in quite awhile.  I was home around 12:30…just in time for our (hopefully fixed) golf cart to be dropped off.  I headed to my studio and decided it was time to try my embroidery machine once more….here’s the result:  



I did get this label finished, but my top thread kept shredding…..so I need to keep trying to see what’s going on...the jury is still out on whether or not it will go in for service!  I had ripped out 2 small seams on Tuscan last night, so I got those all sewn together and pressed…..all of my blocks are now sewn into rows and I can start to sew the rows together.  And because I did some patriotic strata as my “leaders & enders” project with Tuscan….my design wall went from this: 


to this:  


to this:  


So, I have another Valor quilt ready to sew together...YAY!  Neither Michael nor I ended up having dinner (both too full from lunch) so at 7 PM I just headed upstairs to knit and watch TV.

So, I know I have mentioned more than once that I think I have the best pancake recipe.  Susie (friend & Thursday quilter) asked me for it and she made them over the weekend.  When she found out I probably wouldn’t be at quilting on Thursday due to my oven repair, she sent me an email:

I was hoping to see you on Thursday to tell you about the pancakes, but since you won't be there I can't wait any longer.  Best D--- Pancakes I've ever made.  Even Bob commented on how light and fluffy they were.  It made a ton and I froze the leftovers.  I think I might try cutting the recipe in half next time.  I never eat more than one pancake and I had four!  Thanks for sharing the recipe.


Let me tell you something…this made my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.