Monday, August 21, 2017

Janice & her garage!

Michael said I was ‘dead to the world’ on Sunday morning (8/20) when he first got up….I told him it was probably because I could not get to sleep for THREE HOURS Saturday night!!!  I have no idea what was going on, but it was not any fun  :~(.  Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk in the morning and I spent a good part of the morning working on our document for the “lifestyle” group.  We are finally coming to an end and are writing up our document for presentation to the board.  I finished up at 10:30 just as Lance (long arm repairman) showed up.  ~sigh~  I’m not sure what to tell you about Miss Scarlett….the problems were still happening once we got it running…although my frame is now totally square and that HAS to be a good thing (once I saw how far off of square it was….you wouldn’t believe it!!)  He tinkered with the tension and tinkered with it….both top and bottom and by 1:30 it seemed to be corrected.  Here is something I can hardly believe….so far he has not charged me for ANYTHING!!!  That man has been here 3 days straight, not to mention working on my machine at his shop.  He wants me to load up a full quilt to really try out the fixes…and then…if I am happy, I can pay them.  AND, only pay them the regular price for a home visit plus a repair.  Believe me….at that price the guy is working for peanuts per hour, but he said he wants the store to have an excellent reputation for customer service and repair.  From where I’m standing (and that would be in front of my long arm), they already have that with me  :~).  I finished off free motion quilting the “dog bed” fabric I had on the frame with no problems.  At this moment I don’t have any Clinton quilts to load…and I only want to load a smaller quilt to start…so I need to get those crayons sewn up lickity split!  We had leftovers for dinner and I finally headed upstairs around 8 PM to knit and watch TV.

I have more pictures from Janice.  She and her honey are working on large projects around their home, hoping to put it on the market sometime next year.  I asked her to send pictures from her latest spree of cleaning, and here they are although she said “don't know if you can see that much difference in pictures  A lot of the cleaning involved removal of cobwebs and mouse party remains that don't really show.”     :~)












I think she's making progress....don't you???

And I have another to share….one of the blogs I read (https://www.browneyedbaker.com/) 
always has some of the neatest links….here’s the latest one….now I too have “pantry envy”!!  

http://iambaker.net/baking-pantry-envy/

1 comment:

  1. Good news that Miss Scarlet is back after her "spa treatment" - hope she behaves beautifully when you load your next quilt! So happy you found someone who can work on her and help you with any problems that arise - that is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.