Sunday, August 20, 2017

new quilt, more long arm fixing, Janice's soup

I got to start cutting fabric for a new quilt on Saturday morning (8/19).  My latest Valor is all together except for one row where I am missing a block (long story, but a friend has it and won’t be back until the end of August) and Tuscan is on hold until I get some dark brown from Jan for potential borders.  SO….new project….YAY!!!  I am seriously behind on quilts for Clinton, so that’s what I dove into.  I have crayons on a black background from Foust that I bought at least a year ago.  


Floy (a Thursday quilter) brought in a quilt for show and tell a few weeks ago and I said “bingo…perfect pattern for the crayons”.  I got to cut out some colors 



until 10 AM when my long arm repairman Lance brought my machine back.  He felt the problems I was encountering were due to my frame being out of alignment, so he worked on that for several hours (and spent most of the time he was here on his back on the floor!!) before even loading the machine back up.  





By 1:30 he had the machine back on and was fine tuning the leveling of the frame.  


At 3:30 we were finally ready to turn it on, only to discover that he didn’t have the power cord  :~(.  Looks like we have another date for Sunday morning.  In the meantime I continued to sew and by the time I went upstairs at 7 PM I had a layout:  















This didn’t turn out exactly the way it did in my head…..but it’s colorful enough so I will sew it together for Clinton.  And, I’ll work on Plan “B” for the next one  :~).  Well, actually it will be a couple down the road since I wasn't sure how big my quilts would end up (since I didn't have a written pattern for this quilt...only a picture so I'm kind of making it up), so I think what I cut out will actually make THREE quilts for Clinton  :~).  

Michael made popcorn when I came upstairs and we started to watch THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS (a James Bond flick), but I took time out in the middle to SKYPE with BG for over an hour….heaven!!!  I got back upstairs just in time for a bit of snuggling and the climax of the movie  :~).


Janice (fellow Fiber Floozie in Connecticut) is making good use of her garden this year….look at this soup made with green beans, kale and tomatoes…all fresh from her garden: 


Doesn't it look yummy?  And I can tell they were eating out on their beautiful deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.