Monday, August 14, 2017

omelet, flowers, Tuscan, QoV given out

Michael headed out with Cookie Sunday morning (8/13) while I headed off to Harris Teeter for just a few things.  HT sends out an email on the first day of their sales (Wednesday) to tell you what special things are on sale just for you, connected to your VIC card (their store card).  I had written down 18 count eggs for $1.29, but when I got there they only had 12 count for $1.29.  I have been very careful lately to write down sizes of things on sale because this kind of thing has happened to me in the past and I figured I just wrote it down wrong.  I asked them to print out a copy of my VIC specials….no eggs listed at all, the 12/$1.29 was regular sale price for everyone this week  :~(.  I was bummed but still suspicious, so I came home and pulled up the email they sent last Wednesday….sure enough, they’re trying to “gaslight” me…..any old movie fans out there?  If so, you’ll get that reference.  On the email it had 18 count eggs….but that didn’t show up on my listing at the store….so, I’ll have to make another trip back there for my 3 cartons of 18 eggs at $1.29.  I wonder how many other times this same thing happened, but I just thought I wrote it down wrong?  Anyway, my honey was home from his walk by 9 AM and we both sat down to have breakfast together (I made another omelet for myself):


and read the paper.  This summer has been pretty flower-less as far as my garden goes….but finally some zinnias popped up and Michael made a nice arrangement:  


I basically worked on Tuscan on and off all day, and by the time I headed upstairs I made a good start to having all of my rows put together:  





I got a few balls of yarn wound while watching TV with my honey.  We both watched the finale of FOOD NETWORK STAR this time and were thrilled when Jason won!!!!  We watched him win the BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP around Christmas time and were thrilled to see him on NETWORK STAR when it first started…can’t wait to see what his show is all about  :~).


I have a few other pictures to share today…another of my Quilts of Valor has been given out by the Indian Land VFW.  Pete (my contact at the VFW) told me that the deserving veteran, Bernie Mims, served four tours in Vietnam, the last one in Special Forces.  Pete also said he can finally get through reading my special label without choking up  :~). 

















You know, I really feel it is an honor for me to make these quilts!!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.