Thursday, August 3, 2017

Tuscan strata, Tamale Pie, butternut squash for dinner

Michael took Cookie on a short walk Wednesday morning (8/2) while I paid some bills and then finished cutting strips for the Tuscan quilt:  


I worked on and off on the strips all afternoon and got several stratas put together:  


At 4:30 I headed upstairs to get part of my Tamale Pie dish done for the quilting luncheon tomorrow.  First up was sautéing ground beef and an onion:



Then I added in corn, black beans and a bunch of tomatoes from our garden, along with spices and some stock:




That simmered for about 15 minutes, then got put into the bottom of a casserole dish.  I covered it and threw it into the fridge....I'll grate cheese and make the cornbread topping Thursday morning.  After that Michael and I put together our dinner.  We sauteed onions and zucchini in olive oil and sage butter:


at the same time the butternut squash ravioli was cooking in the microwave.  I cut more sage from the garden to add to the skillet:


and we tossed everything together:


It was so yummy  :~).  I headed back to my studio and sewed for about an hour after dinner before coming up to watch TV with my honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.