Monday, August 28, 2017

breakfast on lanair, Pat W quilts!!

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (8/27) then had breakfast on the lanair:  


I eventually joined Michael for breakfast
























I headed straight to my studio.  I fired up Miss Scarlett and tried to keep my quilting going while going through my emails and getting my blog out.  Pat W is HOT to come over and quilt now that Miss Scarlett seems to be working and so I pushed through the second crayon quilt in record time (well…record time for me anyway  :~).  By the time Pat W arrived at 11 AM I was finished quilting and just taking the crayons off of the frame.  We sat in the kitchen and talked while I made Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes (for dessert Sunday night as well as practice for the Sweet Charity Event in September).  As soon as they were out of the oven we headed downstairs.  She got all loaded up, basted the entire quilt and started quilting.  

basted & ready to go!


























By 4 PM she was done….YAY!!!  I think the pattern was PERFECT on this quilt:


She took off and I hit the shower and pulled together our desserts and we headed off to Evelyn & Phil’s for dinner.  OMG!!!  They made strip steaks on the grill with baked potatoes and salad….YUM!!!!!  We played Mexican Train for several hours afterwards and were home by 9 PM to watch the end of the golf that Michael had taped.

1 comment:

  1. How nice to see Pat quilting the wonky log cabin! She'll have it finished by the time we have our retreat! "not a quilter" bah!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.