Saturday, August 26, 2017

Jan, June, Mary Jo, flowers, Mary Jo heads home

Michael & Mary Jo had breakfast out on the lanair on Friday (8/25) before Mary Jo, Jan and I headed off to Corinne’s to check out her $5 batiks  :~).  June met us there and we had a wonderful time picking out gorgeous fabrics (no, for those who are wondering….I did NOT buy anything) before heading for peach milkshakes at Chic-fil-a :~).  

she's just a wild and crazy gal...


I LOVE this!!!

Corinne - collecting fiestaware salt & pepper shakers

love this, full of tiny spools of thread

Corinne's friend makes out of old spoons!

In the afternoon I got the final 2 rows done on the first crayon quilt while Mary Jo made good use of my design wall (I love how this looks):

She also got a bit of knitting done before we took off at 3 PM for the airport  :~(.  Why do the visits seem so long and promising upon arrival…and way too short on the day of departure?  Somehow Cookie knew it was the last day and she needed to be extra close:  














I know she is smiling...but this is a sad picture for me:


I got home a bit after 5 PM and just sat and read for over an hour.  Our roses have exploded:  


and my honey picked a few while I was gone.  We are also getting a few more of those gorgous, deep purple irises...YAY! 



















finally headed in to watch TV with my honey and could barely keep my eyes open….Michael was really tired too and believe it or not, we were both in bed by 9 PM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.