Saturday, August 19, 2017

"paintings", Paula, Doug, Jody, Jan

I forgot to tell you one thing about the oven repair guy…he was fascinated by the “paintings” on the walls of our house...he asked who had done them.  When I caught up to him to see what he was looking at….this was what caught his eye first:     



He couldn’t believe it when I told him it was fabric…..a quilt top….I told him he was welcome to touch it to prove it…and he went crazy over 2 others as well:  















That was unexpectedly nice to hear  :~).


I was in my studio for a couple of hours Friday morning (8/18).  I got a little sewing done and a LOT of pressing….then Jan and I took off for some errands just before 11 AM.  I didn’t get home until 2:30 PM  and dove right into getting ready for dinner.  First up, since I knew I would have the oven on for dinner, I finally baked some chocolate chip cookies for my honey:  

why yes....there IS one missing from this baking sheet  :~)

then I put together meatloaf, 



and cheddar bay biscuits:  


Michael had already made potato/carrot mash and put it in the small crockpot while Jan and I were gone:  


He also picked more flowers from our garden:  



















I wanted to have green beans for dinner, but didn't have enough in the freezer, so we just had corn instead.  Paula & Doug, along with her sister Jody and Jan all came for dinner.  

Paula & Jody

Doug & Michael

Jan & jody

Everyone seemed to enjoy the food, AND playing TRIPOLI afterwards.  We broke around 8 PM to enjoy Paula’s scrumptious brownie/cookie pie with real whipped cream and mini-chips sprinkled on top.  Everyone left after 9 PM and Michael and I sat in the living room and read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.