Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cooking Fingers Meeting

Michael was up and out by 8 AM on Monday (8/14) for golfing in Lancaster.   I did a bunch of stuff around the house before leaving just after 10 AM for Cooking Fingers.  It was a good program, all about herbs.  

Paula gave her normal welcoming speech (that's her sister Jodi in the picture as well, visiting from California):


There were 4 presenters, Pam made pesto (and Paula let me take home a small container of leftover pesto....score!!):


Lorna made herbed green bean salad:


Sue made a yummy herbed chicken salad:


Sandy was a guest today and she is a Master Gardener.  She talked to us about how to infuse our lemon cakes with spiced geranium:


The food was all yummy and I was certainly full by the time I left:

pesto

croissants to eat with our salads

herbed green beans & chicken salad

Meyer lemon cake infused with spiced geranium





















































My first priority when I got home around 1 PM was loading up Miss Scarlett.  I have a repair person coming Tuesday morning, and want to make sure I can test out anything that was fixed before they leave  :~).  Other than that I worked around the house for the rest of the day, getting a bunch of chores done  :~(.  Michael came home, pretty happy with his 87 and we talked for just a bit before he got cleaned up to head out at 5:30.  He had a play reading meeting an hour before the regular Fort Mill board meeting.  I went down to Phil & Evelyn’s at 7 PM for a piece of Phil’s birthday cake and conversation for over an hour…luckily I got home from that, and Michael got home from his board meeting before a terrific thunder & lightening storm blew through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.