Sunday, August 13, 2017

Tuscan layout, bread

Michael had another super early tee-time on Saturday (8/12), so I was laying out my Tuscan by 7 AM….man….this layout is really kicking my b_tt!!!  It’s playing with my brain worse than on-point blocks do….guess I don’t do well with diamonds –OR- triangles!!!  By 8 AM I was at a good stopping point: 




















and Michael was out of the kitchen (I like to stay out of his way while he’s making his mushroom/spinach/swiss omelet for breakfast before golf) so I headed upstairs to make my tea, throw in laundry, put together sandwich bread dough 














and measure out ingredients for chocolate chip cookies (my honey mentioned them the other day and I have a new recipe to try so today is the day!)  I was hungry as well, so made my own cheese/bacon omelet on a bed of spinach (since I don’t like cooked spinach  :~).  


I went downstairs to layout more triangles and came up an hour later to shape the dough and let it rise again.  I finally turned on the oven to bake it and….NOTHING!!!  My oven temperature lights up to 100…but just blows cold air out…..no flame ever came on!  Luckily Susan had come by for a visit, so I asked if I could run the bread over and bake it in her oven.  So much for the chocolate chip cookie dough I also mixed up….guess it will have to wait until my own oven is fixed  :~(.  I offered Susan our traditional 1/2 loaf of give-away bread…but she is going out of town and knew she wouldn’t be able to eat it.  I was carrying the hot pans home when Ginny (across the street neighbor) happened by and I asked her to help carry….so she and Ken got our extra 1/2 loaf!  














When I got back to my studio, I checked my emails only to find out that the eclipse glasses I ordered MONTHS ago are not guaranteed to be good enough to prevent eye damage!!!  Where am I supposed to get good glasses ONE WEEK before the eclipse!??!!?  YIKES!!!!  So far our house isn’t doing so well….my long arm is down, my embroidery machine is down, our golf cart & oven are down and our glasses are a bust….SHEESH!!!  It’s gotta be time for our luck to change  :~).


By the afternoon I had the entire Tuscan quilt laid out:  




and started to sew the rows together:  


I needed leaders and enders to use with my Tuscan sewing, so I paused to cut some strips for another Valor quilt:  


I worked on sewing the Tuscan rows all afternoon….but the triangles were still doing a number on my brain, so it was very slow going with, if I’m being honest, a bit of ripping as well  :~).  Michael ran out and got Chinese for dinner and I finally staggered upstairs (after making a good start on sewing together):


around 8 PM for TV watching and snuggling with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.