Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pat quilting, Cookie, Martini Night

Michael was up at 5:45 AM on Monday (8/28), while I headed out to the lanair.  I only stayed about 1/2 an hour before getting started on a long list of chores.  First up balancing the checkbook, followed by vacuuming the lanair, cleaning up all of the dishes, getting my blog out, ordering new books from the library, paying some bills and making and packaging up cookies (and a check!!!) to send to the long arm repair guy (these are a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies and Michael just loves them...they're about 4 inches across and very thick!):  















I enclosed a quick note:


Lance,

I’m sorry it took me so long to get this in the mail but I was too afraid to load up a large quilt to stress test the machine, so I had to put together some smaller ones.  Miss Scarlett (and you!!) came through with flying colors.  Although I am still apprehensive any time I pull the bobbin and start to quilt…I am really hoping that fades with time.  You did a SUPERIOR job on servicing my machine and my comments in Facebook will certainly reflect that.  PLEASE thank your wife for allowing you to spend so much time at my house.  I hope these cookies help to make it worth your while.

***********************

I was finally back in the studio just after NOON and my first order of business was checking out my embroidery machine to see if it needed to go in for repair.  That took quite a bit of time because I didn’t have any backing or stabilizer cut.  I did that, then went through my recently purchased embroideries and started stitching out a BATH TIME CUTIE. 


I sat and watched the stitch out while Pat was back quilting.  




Although she did take time out to greet and talk to an old "friend":



Michael came home at 3 PM from Old Sycamore with an 82…he seemed very excited by it, until he started grousing about his 3 penalty shots  :~).  BUT, he cheered up again when he thought about his 2 birdies.  Since everyone was downstairs, Cookie thought she’d take her afternoon nap there:  


Pat and I were both exhausted by the time she left at 4 PM, but she only has 3 more rows to do on her second quilt!!!  My embroidery stitched out with no problems, so that’s a good thing (pics tomorrow after I get it cleaned up  :~).  I got myself cleaned up and headed out to Donnis’s for Martini Club:

Donnis - our hostess

Andi, Pat, Kathi, Bonnie, Barb

Donnis, Bonnie, Barb, Pat, Kathi, Ellie, Patti

The food was outstanding:







We played FAMILY FEUD after eating and talking for a bit.  Here's Donnis, trying to explain the rules to 10 other women who are still talking and talking and talking!!!


After a few mis-steps in the beginning (I'm not sure we still understood the rules by the end of the game....hmmm, I wonder why!!) we had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.