Friday, August 4, 2017

Scrap Happy Quilters

Michael left at 7:15 AM for golf here at SCCL on Thursday (8/3), while I was just finishing up my blog entry.  I pulled together my wet/dry ingredients for the corn bread topping on my casserole and packed up the car and headed out.  I got a call from Pat W that she had stitched out 2 labels for me, so I made sure to swing by her house on my way to quilting.  Quilting was FABULOUS!!!  I saw Sandy D and Susie walking in with 2 big bags of free-for-the-taking fabric, but I didn’t even get up because they are both into Civil War and other muted colors.  But I DID yell out to Sandy “any brights in there”?  She said yes, as the fabric wasn’t hers, but was from a friend.  OMgoodness….I hustled right over as did everyone else and it was a fabric grabbing frenzy!!!!  






Most of us were laughing so hard it was hard to even grab fabric, and everyone had a good time and got lots and lots of great stuff!!!  We had wonderful show and tell...  

Carolina finished her pincushion/scrap catcher from class last week and really "bling'ed" it out:














June is making tooth fairy bears for her church craft sale in the fall:


















Pam made 1/2 a dozen fidget quilts for a local long term care facility:



















 Mary & Dolly finished the tops from the pieced out class I taught, and we all showed our quilts together...same pattern....totally different look:

Mary's

Dolly's

mine is in the middle


And there's still more:

June

Joan


Susie
Sandy

Floy

and the food was OUTSTANDING!!!  












I know….I probably say that every month….but truly it is!!!  I think my Tamale Pie was a hit....I came home with just one tiny serving.  I was just beat when I got home (although there was TOTALLY no reason for that as I barely sewed 4 seams), but I just sat and read for the rest of the afternoon anyway.  Michael had our leftover butternut ravioli for dinner (BTW June, I’m hoping to feed that to you the night before the Fiber Floozie retreat  :~)…I was still full from lunch.  I finally got a bit of energy after dinner and headed to my studio for a couple of hours of sewing on Tuscan, then collapsed on the sofa with my honey for an hour to watch TV.

2 comments:

  1. I spy a comment about our Fiber Floosies retreat!!!! I suppose at some point I should start to think about projects! Squeeee! Love seeing all the completed projects (including 3 different examples of same pattern)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I really like Dolly s color combo on her pieced out quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.