Monday, January 16, 2017

So, I had a bunch of stuff to put in yesterday’s blog, and I totally forgot!  My honey was kind enough to listen to me talk about this new organizing/motivational book the entire way into Charlotte Saturday night.  There are so many studies in it explaining how people work, how people make decisions, how groups function…I am finding it as hard to put down as I would a new mystery book (I know…I’m weird!!)  Once we got to the concert our seats were terrific.  I felt like I could almost reach out and touch the stage.  The new assistant conductor was on tap and he had lots of interesting(and funny!)  things to say about the music and about John Williams (the composer).  I could not believe how many great movies John Williams wrote the music for, like Harry Potter, Schindler's List, Superman, ET, Close Encounters, and a lot more.  I think John Williams is a musical genius….think of how many of those themes are easily recognizable when you hear them!  Oh, and one last one that with just TWO NOTES, can conjure up terror…..JAWS!!!  Anyway, the concert was absolutely great…I think we picked excellent themes for the remaining 3 concerts we will be attending….stay tuned!


We had a late breakfast on Sunday (1/15), then headed out to a friend’s house to check out their screened in porch.  We were there for over an hour asking all kinds of questions and getting all kinds of tips for the types of things we should be looking into.  In case I haven’t mentioned it yet, Michael and I are thinking of putting on a screened in porch this year.  We figured we had better start talking to contractors NOW, in order to maybe have it by June.  When we came home, Mary Jo and I managed to have a LONG conversation (mostly about quilting) over SKYPE…that was great…I’m not sure we’ve ever done that before.  By the time we finished, it was time for me to make ham salad (otherwise know as ham & pickle in Michael’s world) and to get started making chili.  Sweet & Savory (an off shoot of the regular cooking club) is having a chili cook off on Monday, and when Christine said they needed one more person….I volunteered.  So that was 2-1/2 hours of putting together and cooking this chili, before cramming it into the crockpot for warming up Monday morning.  After that it was dinner, TV and knitting on the first sleeve of my sweater for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.