Friday, January 6, 2017

Cookie & Elsie, SHQ quilting

I was up early on Thursday (1/5) to start heating up the crockpot of chili before leaving for quilting.  I definitely didn’t think that the 2-1/2 hours at quilting before lunch would be enough time to get it hot.  After that it was showering and loading up the car…when I came out of the shower, another snuggling session was in progress:  





On the way to quilting I dropped off more hats/mittens for Clinton school kids, dropped off a “thank you” gift of treats to someone who helped me with the Chocolate Event last year and picked up Dolly.  Dolly is the STEELERS quilt lady and I thought she would be a great addition to our Thursday quilting group, so she went along today.  We had 26 people at quilting today and every seemed in really high spirits!  



Several people commented on the fact that it seemed like a long time since we had been there…and I think that was because we all enjoy going so much.  I got another color of blocks done on my Thursday project, and really enjoyed all of the food at lunch….as usual it was AWESOME!  







Michael was home from golf within minutes of me getting home, and we turned on the fire and both read our books for the rest of the afternoon.  We had leftovers for dinner, and I sewed a little in the early evening (continuing to sew together the snowball quilt) before settling in to knitting in front of the TV.  Just before heading to bed I put together the topping and filling of MIchael’s favorite coffee cake so that I could get a head start on making it Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.