Tuesday, January 24, 2017

SNS Martini Night

I had 2 pieces of yummy cinnamon swirl toast for breakfast on Monday (1/23) while Michael headed out to breakfast with his golf buddies (they cancelled their golf round due to very heavy rains on Sunday).  The rest of the day was mostly about getting ready to host the SNS (shaken, not stirred) Martini Club Monday evening.  I got the kitchen set up, my honey put the leaf in the table, got Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot, and mixed up 2 kinds of martinis (Cougartinis and Devo-tinis!)  For our dessert, I baked butter cookies with Ghiradelli chocolate centers, and also put out a bowl of leftover MINTY CRISP (which turned out to be a huge hit!) 



Joanne stopped by for a bit with the cutest elephant panel and we talked about various borders she could do to make a baby quilt.  After that I headed down to my studio to continue working on Ethel’s quilt.   I finally got it all finished before it was time to come upstairs to make onion roll dough. My honey decided to clean out the stuff under his table...with his faithful companion in her favorite spot:


I got the dough finished and Paula stopped by to return “SULLY” and have a short visit.  My martini pals showed up at 6:30: 

from left: Patti, Kathi, Ellie, Alicie, Jane, Andi
and everyone seemed to enjoy the soup and rolls:  



We headed into the living room to play a rousing round of SALAD BOWL, then retired to the kitchen once again for dessert and our second martini.  This is a really fun group and I had a really good time last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.