Sunday, January 29, 2017

rolls, an egg, Cookie & Elsie, new quilt, cookies

I heard from 3 of my latest bread students….when the students leave here from this first class, they leave with a pan full of rolls and a blob of dough.  They need to figure out something to do with that extra blob!  One student is going to make pizza, and one student wrote “I made cinnamon, brown sugar, current, ground nut, and butter rolls. That is what I had on hand to use. I got 6,  3+ inch  spiral rolls and they were so good”.  And Patti sent me great pictures: 

before baking....

they look PERFECT!!




































I LOVE hearing about my student’s bread experiences after they leave  :~).  

Saturday morning (1/28) my honey was up early for golf here at SCCL.  He made his usual mushroom/spinach/swiss omelet, then had enough time to make me an egg/cheese toast before he left:  


My goal on Saturday was to load up first of 4 customer quilts (recently received) onto Miss Scarlett.  I can’t believe how quickly I can go from no customer quilts (and the dream of quilting one of my own) to 4 just like that!  I ran down to Joanne’s in the morning to give an opinion on her baby quilt, and when I got home Connie was there for a visit.  We went over all of her knitting questions, and I got back to my quilt around 11:30.  Pat stopped by for a visit and to give me a MARVELOUS (and totally unexpected) present for the upcoming granddaughter….you’ll have to wait until Marc & Kate see it before I post a picture…but suffice it to say it is FABULOUS and ADORABLE!!!  I had company while I was in my studio…these pictures should all be labeled “waiting for dad”:


















I was finally finished loading and basting the quilt at 2:30:

getting ready to roll up the backing

all loaded and basted





























and headed upstairs to get started on cookies.  I make chocolate chip cookies rarely because even though I have tried several different recipes (including using some/all shortening instead of butter because shortening spreads less than butter)….to me the cookies always come out too flat, with the chocolate chips being the highest thing on the cookie.  But this time, I decided to bake the cookie “balls” in my mini-muffin tins….voila…..they are so cute and not too thin at all:  
















I got them all bagged up and we headed out to the Fort Mill Playhouse.  They rented out the space to an IMPROV group and Michael and I volunteered to work concessions.  We only had to stay through the intermission, so we were home shortly after 9 PM and we both sat in the front of the fire, reading our books until 11 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.