Monday, January 9, 2017

Diane's quilt done, my honey, sea horse embroidery

BRRR_R_R_R…it was 18 degrees when we got up on Sunday morning (1/8).  I left Michael eating his oatmeal in front of the fire and headed downstairs to get going on Diane’s quilt.  I got it all loaded up 


and basted, 



and started the heart motif we had talked about:  



After I was sure my tension was good, I started to sew together leftover batting to go inside cat/dog beds at the shelter:  


My honey was working on a craft project for our grandchild (due in March), 



but in the afternoon he decided to join me (thank goodness I finally moved all of my quilt tops BACK to the bed in the guest bedroom and off of the pool table  :~), 
















and I moved onto embroidering, while my quilting was still going on:  

weird camera...the "belly" on the sea horse is the exact same color!!!

By dinnertime the quilt was done, and I spent about an hour after dinner weaving in the ends and ripping the basting out:  


After that it was TV and knitting….I am almost done with the body of my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.