Sunday, January 22, 2017

lots of Cookie & Elsie, Diane's Clinton quilt

So, I am going to Connecticut on February 28 (flying into Providence).   I mentioned this to my friend Jan, knowing that her son and daughter-in-law (in Rhode Island) have been asking her to come for a visit.  I thought it would be fun if Jan and I could go up and back on the same flight.  At the time she told me “no, no, no!!”  Then, at quilting on Thursday, she said she had changed her mind and would like to go.  I immediately called BG to ask if she could make the same reservation for Jan that she had made for me!  BG got it all done, but I never got an email confirmation of Jan’s flight.  With one thing and another I ended up on the phone for almost an hour Saturday morning (1/21) getting everything straightened out with Jan’s payment, and Jan and I now both have the same flight and our seats are together….WHOO HOO!!  I’ve sent the itinerary on to her kids, so I really think we are all set.  I am so grateful that my friend BG is Julia-on-the-spot (no using that sexist johnny-on-the-spot for me  :~) with always making my plane reservations…and now my friend’s reservations as well :~).  Michael left for golf here at SCCL, even though the threat of rain was imminent and I had a spot of breakfast and read my book for a bit in the morning.  I had company that started like this: 


















and eventually rearranged themselves into this:   




TOO SWEET!  

Eventually I made it downstairs and fired up Miss Scarlett to finish off Ethel’s quilt.  I also got a new Clinton quilt put away.  My friend Diane (Thursday quilting) made a quilt and donated it to me for Clinton….I think it is just gorgeous:  
















Don’t you love those colors?  It looks just like spring to me.  Michael came home in the rain after 11 holes…he’s had trouble sleeping the last 2 nights and felt like he couldn’t even lift/swing the club very well, so I think he was just as glad that it finally started to rain.  I got all of my squares sewn into “twosies” and even got a few blocks done in the afternoon: 


with my furry baby Elsie for company:  





Pat came over in the late afternoon to try out the Mai Tai’s and talk for a bit.  She left shortly before 6 Pm and I headed upstairs for dinner.  We’re still eating leftovers (since we had 3 different kinds to clean up) and after dinner we read for a bit before settling in front of the boob tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.