Saturday, January 14, 2017

Elsie, Mai Tai mania!

Michael took off to get in some golf practice on Friday (1/13) while I picked up Pat and we headed off for errands.  We both picked up breakfast at Bo Jangles, and headed to WALMART.  When we got there, we just sat in the car for 40 minutes getting caught up on everything that has happened to us  :~).  We did a bunch of grocery shopping at WALMART, hit BJ’s, then Aldi’s and were home by 1 PM.  I started a new book in the afternoon and I absolutely LOVE it!  It’s called SMARTER, FASTER, BETTER: HOW TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE and it is totally a psychological study of motivation and how to achieve it.  I am finding it to be fascinating!  I feel like on ever other page I have a “light bulb” moment and want to highlight the words I have read to help remember them.  I wasn’t able to sit in my regular reading chair…because someone has discovered the new quilt on it…and she was there ALL DAY!!!  



Like all babies, I think she looks SO SWEET when she is sleeping!
Michael came home from golf practice and we sat out on the back deck for a bit (it was 74 degrees here today) before hitting the kichen for our Mai Tai experiment!  We have been buying already-mixed-up Mai Tais at the liquor store….but you know me, I wanted to know how to make my own.  We collected all of the liquor bottles and flavorings that we needed 



and set to work.  I just mixed up a very small sample at first, 


























and Michael and I thought it tasted a bit bitter.  He suggested adding a bit of grenadine syrup….which made the color AND taste perfect!  After that I set about mixing up a large batch to keep in the fridge.  We had leftovers for dinner, then I headed downstairs for a bit.  My book on motivation is already helping me!!!  I have been procrastinating about loading up Ethel’s quilt, but I managed to link that task to a larger outcome that is more important to me …and so I started to load it up.  After that, I joined my honey for a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.