Sunday, January 1, 2017

Cookie & Elsie a trois, New Year's Eve

Even though it was only 34 degrees on Saturday morning (12/31), Michael headed out at 9:30 for golf, while I headed to the UPS store to get our year end missive copied.  When I came home, this was happening (last snuggle of 2016):



  

I had a bite to eat, got Mexican Chicken Soup in the crockpot 



and headed downstairs to quilt and sew.  By the time I came upstairs to make cornbread to go with the soup, the quilting was all complete, and I had one snowball corner on each of my new blocks:  



Michael came home early from golfing saying it was TOO COLD (and a tiny bit rainy) to continue.  I got the cornbread in the oven and he got the table set 



and our guests (Phil & Evelyn: 



Susan & Joe) arrived.  Ann Mary & Jim decided to bow out as Jim started in with a cold on Friday and didn’t want to infect anyone else...so we sent soup and cornbread over to them for their dinner.   Evelyn brought a yummy dip with bread & veggies: 




















then we had the soup and corn bread.  





We sat and talked for several hours before diving into Susan’s smorgasbord of desserts.  We made it an early evening (big game on between Ohio State and Clemson), after which Michael & I read for a bit, watched TV for a bit, then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.